Animal Care Specialist in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo Zoo Posted: 2021-04-13
Buffalo, NY 14214
Part-time. Care/training of Education animals; Heritage Farm and seasonal animal demonstrations. Prepares/provides diets to Education/Heritage Farm animals. Cleans/shifts animals. Monitors/reports daily animal health, noting short and long-term changes.
• Bachelors in zoo/animal-related science or Associates plus equivalent experience.
• One-year animal husbandry, handling and training experience from employment, internships or volunteer work; domestic farm animals and small exotics preferred.
• Six months teaching/public speaking experience.
• Physical restraint equipment, use of cleaning and husbandry equipment.
• Required to work some evenings, weekends, holidays.
• Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Proof of negative tuberculosis test upon hire.
Part-time non-exempt hourly position. Rate $14.33 per hour.
Mail application/resume by May 3, 2021:
Buffalo Zoo, 300 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214, Attn: Ambassador Animal Care Specialist PT
or Apply below
Equal Opportunity Employer
Buffalo Zoo is an At Will employer and all Buffalo Zoo employees are subject to employment eligibility and background security checks as well as testing for illegal substance use as allowed by law.