Admissions RN in Lockport, NY
Niagara Hospice Inc. Posted: 2021-02-02
Lockport, NY 14094
Niagara Hospice provides expert, specialized care and personalized support to Niagara County residents, families and caregivers facing any type of terminal illness with a prognosis of six months or less. The Hospice Admissions RN is responsible for screening and/or facilitating the admission of prospective Hospice patients. Admission nurses are required to be mobile and assess the patient wherever the patient resides or is referred from. Niagara Hospice admission nurses travel around Niagara County and also assess patients in the Hospitals in Erie County.
• Present Niagara Hospice services and philosophy to prospective patients and families
• Provide information regarding advance directives
• Conduct a brief physical assessment of the patient’s major body systems, psychosocial and emotional status
• Determine a patient’s immediate care and support needs
• Develop the hospice patient’s initial plan of care
• Knowledgeable regarding the Hospice Medicare benefit, as well as understanding of other insurances.
• Confers with finance staff of potential admissions where reimbursement sources do not appear to cover hospice or when a patient will be admitted on sliding scale basis.
• Communicate with physician and obtain appropriate medical orders with regard to the admission process and other orders as required to address identified symptoms related to the terminal diagnosis.
• Knowledgeable of pain/symptom management and end of life social/spiritual concerns.
• Seek input from agency’s Director of Pharmacy and communicates recommendations to patient’s primary medical physician.
• Communicate hospice admission decisions with referring facility staff (i.e., hospital, nursing home, adult home, etc.), Director of Clinical Services, Director of Hospice Homecare.
• Coordinate equipment, medications, Home Health Aide and other services needed by patient/family for optimum care and safety.
• Participate in on-call rotation as requested.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• 3 years of nursing experience
• Previous hospice or home health experience preferred
• Strong clinical assessment skills
• Possess a valid NYS driver’s license
Niagara Hospice Offers outstanding benefits, including;
• A great Work-Life balance
• Premium Pay
• 19 days of paid time off in your first year
• Health Insurance starting on your first day
• Inexpensive insurance options for medical & dental
• Birthday gift
• And Much More!!
If you have an empathetic approach to helping others and making a difference in the community, we invite you to apply.