Administrative Assistant in Lockport, NY
Town of Lockport Economic Development Posted: 2021-01-04
Lockport, NY 14094
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Date: January 2021
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant supports the Coordinator of Economic Development and the Town of Lockport IDA Board of Directors in achieving their mission of assisting businesses in locating and expanding within the Town of Lockport for the purpose of providing jobs, expanding the tax base and contributing to the quality of life in Lockport and the surrounding community.
Key functions include: maintaining the website, updating social media sites, ensuring compliance, maintaining data bases, pre- and post-Board meeting support and general administrative duties.
• Interact with supported businesses and taxing entities to obtain key metrics and items to meet ABO compliance.
• Update Economic Development website, Facebook page and design digital newsletters
• Construct and maintain key data bases of business performance, property and IDA report card.
• Assist Coordinator in completion of annual PARIS report and its related components.
• Prepare and disseminate materials prior to Board meetings, edit video files of Board meetings, track Board attendance, disseminate minutes and post minutes to website.
• Process all incoming and outgoing mail, phones and economic development email addresses.
• Prepare all invoices and maintain files of invoices and vouchers.
• Assist Coordinator in monitoring grants, preparing applications and progress reports and submittals of reimbursement requests.
• Maintain office supplies.
• Maintain regular communication with key Town Department Heads and their administrative support.
• Participate in Town-wide initiatives at the direction of the Coordinator.
Technology Minimums: Incumbent must be proficient in the following software or similar tools.
• Microsoft Office
• YouTube Editing
• Constant Contact
• One Drive
• WordPress or similar web design software
• Zoom, WebEx
Work Environment: Position operates independently much of the time. Majority of work is office based with occasional in person meetings at local supported businesses.
Experience/Qualifications: 2 -3 years of Administrative Assistant experience in an office or manufacturing setting. High School diploma required. AS/BS degree or work towards preferred.
Schedule: Position is Part-Time (17 hours per week) with significant flexibility on when hours are worked. Schedule to be mutual agreed upon with Coordinator.
Compensation: Salary is $15/hour. Prorated paid holiday if holiday falls on a scheduled work day and you work the day pre- and post-holiday.