Accounts Receivable Specialist in West Seneca, NY
Sonwil Distribution Center Posted: 2022-01-11
West Seneca, NY 14224
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the accounts receivable process, including entering and reviewing invoices, collection of accounts receivable, processing of customer payments and daily communication with customers and tenants. This role will also support year-end close, external audits and other duties as assigned by the Controller and / or Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
• Create and/or transmit all account statements, missing invoices and debit memos to customers and tenants.
• Post customer payments
• Monitor past due billing and initiate calls for collection payments
• Maintain an accurate accounts receivable aging
• Reconcile accounts receivable to general ledger
• Collaborate with customers, tenants and internal-departments to resolve any outstanding issues
• Research and resolve all inquiries and payment discrepancies
• Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
• Summarize the daily checks/deposits
• All other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
– High School Diploma. Associates Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
– At least two (2) years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or similar position.
– High degree of organization
• Ability and desire to identify areas of process improvement
• Proficiency using Office Products including Excel and Outlook
• Prior experience using Great Plains a plus
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Safety Requirements
• Must be able to work in an office setting
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and bend as needed
Call today 716-391-1594 for more information!!
or apply below with resume