Accounts Payable Specialist in Orchard Park, NY
National Air Cargo, Inc. Posted: 2020-10-26
Orchard Park, NY 14127
National Air Cargo, Inc. provides high-quality, rapid response freight forwarding services by providing mission-critical logistics support to military forces. We provide personalized service in order to tailor a customized solution. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Accounts Payable Specialist
$15.00-$17.00/hr – Schedule: M-F 8:30AM-5:00 PM
Ensures timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices.
• Prepares and enters all freight vendor invoices for payment. Electronically files backup documents.
• Reviews amounts invoiced with predetermined estimates. Researches and resolves significant variances as necessary.
• Processes vendor checks on a weekly basis and manual checks as needed.
• Ensures vendors are properly set up and maintained (tax id, vendor type, payment terms, etc.) in accounting and cargo software.
• Maintains general understanding of other team members’ responsibilities to serve as a backup.
• Reviews unreconciled A/P items on a monthly basis and updates system as required.
• Actively participates in global ISO freight A/P process, including maintenance and distribution of metrics.
• HS degree required; 2+ year college degree Business or Accounting preferred
• 2+ years accounting experience required
• Previous A/P experience preferred
• Data entry experience
• Calculator/adding machine experience
• Experience with automated accounting systems
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
• Basic Microsoft Word experience
Join us at our Job Fair Thursday, December 3, 2020 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 PM
National Air Cargo, Inc.
350 Windward Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127
On-Site Interviews will be conducted
Or if unable to attend send resumes via the Quick Apply below.
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.