Account Representative in Tonawanda, NY
Applied Industrial Technologies Posted: 2020-10-21
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Account Representative for Southern WNY & Northern Pa (Bradford) Sales Territory, candidate would be best served to live in the southern tier of WNY (Springville, Gowanda, Olean, Jamestown, Fredonia, and Ellicottville)
We are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to help us maintain that commitment as we continue to grow an untapped market.
Build your book of business as you develop an established territory and customer base. All earnings are uncapped – your income is limited only by your ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your existing accounts.
If you have a background in industrial distribution and are the kind of person who can talk with everyone from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor and the purchasing agent, we want to talk with you!
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
* Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and close transactions
* Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
* Survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
Our Account Managers are self-motivated and driven by a desire to exceed expectations. They have strong prioritization, planning, and time-management skills, and a sense of urgency. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish rapport building solid relationships at all levels of customer organizations are keys to success.
* Minimum of 2 years proven outside industrial sales experience with a tangible product OR 2+ yrs customer service / inside sales experience with bearing and power transmission products
* Proven experience and success in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Mechanical aptitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency, & sense of humor
* Good communication skills (written & verbal), good English grammar
* Computer skills and knowledge, including Excel
* Power transmission, hydraulics, and/or bearings product experience preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
Please visit our site and click on the link below to apply